InterPark’s Sustainability & Environment Awareness
Posted January 31, 2019
Sustainability is becoming more important for all companies, across all industries. 62% of executives consider a sustainability strategy necessary to be competitive today, and another 22% think it will be in the future.
Simply put, sustainability is a business approach to creating long-term value by taking into consideration how a given organisation operates in the ecological, social and economic environment. Sustainability is built on the assumption that developing such strategies foster company longevity.
So, on that note, over the last year in particular, InterPark have been very focused on creating a sustainable work place. Our mission to go paperless and implement strategies to save power continues and we are making changes everyday. The most recent endeavours include:
- All car parks now have iPads for email communication (paperless)
- Our ordering systems are now all online (paperless)
- Our payroll system is currently merging over to a digital format which includes staff logging in on their iPads by taking a photo of themselves on arrival to their shift and at the end of their shift (paperless)
- All computers, printers and office lights are switched off over night at all sites and all offices (power)
- We are also offering the option to car park owners to get solar power panels installed on their roof top car parks to assist with powering the lights inside the car park (solar)
Technology can be a wonderful thing and InterPark continues to embrace it!